Why is it important to join a church? When you join a church, you are making known your desire to live your daily life as a disciple of Jesus Christ in fellowship with other Christians. You make a covenant with God and with the members of the church to support God’s ministry through your prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. You can become a member in one of the following ways:
- Profession of Faith: By confessing your sins and inviting Jesus Christ to become your Lord and Savior. Accepting the Sacrament of Baptism and accepting the covenant of membership, you become a member of our church body.
- Renewal/Restoration of Membership: Offered to individuals who may have been a confirmed member of a church in the past, but withdrew membership or no longer have a church from which to transfer. This method is for those who have a strong desire to reunite with the Christian faith.
- Certificate of Transfer: A member on roll in any Christian denomination, who has been confirmed, may be received into membership by a certificate of transfer.
- Affiliate Membership: Offered to members of another United Methodist Church who are located in the vicinity on a temporary basis.
- Associate Membership: Offered to persons who are members of another denomination located in the vicinity on a temporary basis.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of Maple Springs United Methodist Church please contact Erin Moses.